Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Oh, the irony...

The irony of the fact that I am sick with jealousy of three friends who are in Italy right now just struck me. Read this if you don't get it.
And yes, I know I'm not a mom. I'm Holland itself. I'm a sibling to Holland. My mother teaches in Holland. And I'm spending all of my time, energy, and money preparing to teach Holland how to communicate. I like to think that I am a bit familiar with some aspects of Holland by now. When it comes down to it, I wouldn't have it any other way.
But I am still jealous of my friends who can afford to cavort around Italy for 10 days.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Yeah, I understand. Just going away for a night away is a big stress here. Takes lots of planning.

Your day of travel will come. I like to think mine will as well.

Thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog.