Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's that time already?!

I have midterms this week. When did it become the middle of the semester already? Can it be Christmas break tomorrow? ;)
I think the hardest part about this program is balancing classwork and client work. I think working with clients is so much more fulfilling than filling out study guides for midterms, but I know that the academic coursework is necessary to make me a better clinician. I have more classes than clients and so academia tends to fill my evenings, which is exactly when I'd rather be doing something creative and fun like planning therapy! I don't have much energy left after a hard day's work and it's hard to make myself focus on something distasteful.
I also forgot all of my syntax since summer. Ooops. :(
On the plus side, my little ones are ADORABLE and making progress. My supervisors say that they are pleased with how I'm doing in sessions. And I'm sure one day I'll know all the different predicates AND the diphthongs. So really, not so bad.
On that note, I'm going to go fill out a study guide for aphasia. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! How did the exams go? Well, I hope. Just the thought makes me nervous. I have not taken a test in so long.

CC said...

I don't remember any of the dipthongs, so don't feel bad.

And midterms?? The university near me here just started their trimester 2 weeks ago!